Volunteer With Victim Services
“No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
Kawartha Haliburton Victim Services recruits from within the community, and is always seeking compassionate and dependable individuals ready to make a positive impact, to help people when they need it most.
Volunteer Crisis Responders are provided with ongoing and comprehensive training to provide the best possible crisis assistance. Volunteers provide effective support and crisis assistance to direct victims and their immediate family members in the aftermath of crime and tragic circumstances.
The Minimum requirements are as follows:
- Minimum of 19 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Consent and pass a Police Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person Sector Check
- Have use of a safe and reliable vehicle
- Complete the mandatory 6 weeks of training
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings
- Provide Four, 12 hour shifts per month
- Able to commit to one year of service
- Demonstrated ability to cope in stressful or crisis situations
- Effective communication skills
- Respect confidentiality and personal beliefs
- Required competencies: compassion, empathy, reliability, strong communication and critical thinking
New Volunteer training takes place twice each year, every Spring and Fall.
To apply to be a Volunteer Crisis Responder please click the link below to access the volunteer application. Once completed please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to our office at 3028 Highway 35, Lindsay.
If you are interested in becoming a Director on the Board please contact our Executive Director, John Hagarty at email@example.com