Who May Apply for VQRP?
A direct victim who is suffering from emotional and/or physical harm as a result of a crime is eligible to apply for these services if they:
- Have reported a violent criminal code offence that occurred in Ontario to a Police Services in the Province of Ontario, or;
- In cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, hate crimes and human trafficking the victim must disclose the assault to a hospital, shelter or community agency that provides support to these victims in the Province of Ontario.
- Are a resident of Ontario
- Are not charged in the offence
- Have no other financial resources available to meet their needs
Who Else May Apply?
- An immediate family member and direct witness may apply personally.
- The parent or guardian of a victim who is under 16 years of age; or
- An individual with legal authority to act on behalf of a victim